Bespoke accommodation for all student needs
The aim is to provide quality student accommodation offering a range of rents. Delivery of an excellent ‘student experience’ is a key driver behind the planning and delivery of the project. The aim is to create an inclusive and accessible building with lots of breakout space offering different types of leisure and social areas, designed to promote a communal living experience.
The 437 student rooms to be provided include a range and mix of room types, providing a choice of living arrangements and budget. Clusters vary as follows:
- Clusters of 5 or 7 single bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Clusters of 5 or 7 single bedrooms with shared bathrooms
- Micro-clusters of 2 or 3 bedrooms with shared bathrooms
- Rooms for wheelchair users distributed throughout the building – 5% adapted for wheelchairs users and 5% capable of being adapted in the future
A kitchen/dining/living room will provide the social and communal focus for each ‘cluster’.
Below: An example of a bedroom layout
The scheme has been designed to offer a very attractive living environment with lots of opportunity for quiet learning as well as social interaction.
Facilities will include:
- Multiple accessible common rooms – 1st, 8th and 18th floors to encourage communal living
- Top floor common room with views over London
- Laundry room and generous cycle parking
- Reception desk and staff facilities – ground floor main entrance
- Fully integrated 24/7 management presence for greater security
- Welfare/pastoral interface with the higher education institutions